Applying for Financial Aid is a simple and straightforward process. It is important that the applications is filled out correctly and submitted for the correct school. Below is an outline of the key steps within the process, including key websites than need to be accessed for FAFSA completion.
There are a few things you should know about the FAFSA and it’s process.
- The FAFSA is a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Federal Student Aid is a part of the U.S. Department of Education.
- The application can provide students with aid in the form of the Pell grant and/or Stafford loans for student’s continuing education online.
- You are welcome to review more details on the Pell grant and Stafford loans at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
The next step is to complete the 2023-2024 FAFSA.
Step 1: Visit the FAFSA website at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa.
Step 2: If this is your first time completing a FAFSA, click “Start new FAFSA” tab. Experienced FAFSA users need to log into your account and provide your PIN.
Step 3: Complete the Student Demographic and eligibility section, completely.
Step 4: Complete the School Selection section entirely and accurately.
- The school code 001540 will need to be entered. The school will be labeled as Webber International University; this is not a mistake, WIU and SAU are affiliated.
- Housing Plan’ will need to be set to ‘Off Campus’
Step 5: Complete the Dependency Determination section entirely and accurately.
Step 6: Complete the Student Tax Information and Student Financial Information section entirely and accurately. You will need your 2022 tax return on hand.
Step 7: Sign and Submit.
- You will need to enter your PIN and click ‘Sign’.
- You will need to agree to the terms before submission.
- Click ‘Submit My FAFSA Now’.
- Clicking ‘Save’ will NOT submit your FAFSA.
Step 8: How do I know my FAFSA is submitted? You will receive a FAFSA Confirmation email.
We look forward to preparing a personalized graduation plan for you!