Webber International University and St. Andrews University (a branch of Webber International University) (collectively, The University)
The University’s mission is to offer students an array of business, liberal arts and sciences, and pre-professional programs of study that create a life transforming educational opportunity which is practical in its application, global in its scope, and multi-disciplinary in its general education core. Students will acquire depth of knowledge and expertise in their chosen field of study, balanced by breadth of knowledge across various disciplines. Special emphasis is placed on enhancing oral and written communication, and critical thinking skills.
The University awards degrees at the bachelor and master levels at locations in Florida and North Carolina, as well as at the associate level in Florida. Traditional classroom, online, and hybrid learning environments are available. Opportunities exist for students to draw on the courses and programs of study at both locations through online courses and/or periods of residence at either campus. Webber’s programs in Florida focus on the worldwide business environment, and emphasize development of skills in administration and strategic planning, applied modern business practices, and entrepreneurship. The St. Andrews branch campus in North Carolina offers an array of traditional liberal arts and sciences and pre-professional programs of study.
Approved: December 19, 2011
Approved by Florida Faculty: April 28, 2014
Approved by North Carolina Faculty: May 9,2014
Consistent with our educational mission, our goal is to provide e-learning programs that include appropriate academic support, information resources and student services, and are taught by academically qualified faculty, to students who are self-motivated and feel comfortable using computer technology for taking online courses with collegiate-level learning outcomes and rigor.
- To provide students with full-service distance learning opportunities, including A.S., B.S., B.A., and MBA degree programs, online admissions, registration, orientation, testing, financial aid, and learning resources.
- To ensure that all online courses offered by St. Andrews have appropriate collegiate-level student learning outcomes and rigor.
- To provide academic and other appropriate student support services
- To make available appropriate technical support for students and faculty
- To provide for access to relevant information resources
- To ensure adequate opportunities for synchronous and/or asynchronous instructor/student interaction
- To conduct regular outcomes assessment that will ensure adequate levels of student achievement that are comparable to in-seat achievement levels
- To use the results of assessment for improvement of student learning, and related processes and services