Student Withdrawal Information
For SA Online Students Only:
Student Initiated Withdrawal Policy
- A Student Initiated Withdrawal is completed when the student completes the online withdrawal form.
- First week withdraw=Dropped from class without grade and full refund for the class.
- A withdraw between week 2 and the end of week 7 constitutes a grade of W and the student incurs the full charge for the class.
- A student may not withdraw in the last week of class.
School Administrative Withdrawal Policy (During 1st Week of Class)
- If a student does not participate in class during the first week, the school will Administratively Withdraw the student as of week one, without a grade or a charge for the class.
School Administrative Withdrawal Policy (Beyond 1st Week of Class)
- If a student has missed 10 consecutive days of participation at any point in the class, the school will Administratively Withdraw the student as of last day attended.
- A student that is Administratively Withdrawn beyond the first week of class will incur the full charge for the class.
- Students will not be Administratively Withdrawn from class in week 8 of class. A student whose 10 consecutive days of non-attendance runs into the last week of class will achieve a grade for the class and will not be removed. The student will incur the full charge for the class.
Any withdrawal from class may affect a student’s financial aid, see policy below. Prior to submitting a student initiated withdrawal, the student must speak with a Financial Aid Advisor to understand their obligations to the school.
Federal Financial Aid Refund to Title IV
Students who receive Federal Financial Aid and cease participation within the term, will be subject to the Federal Return to Title IV refund policy. The amount of aid earned will be determined by the percentage of time in the term the student is enrolled, up to 60% of the term. This policy is separate from the WIU tuition policy. A debt to the university may result. The full policy is outlined in detail on the WIU website and in the WIU college catalog.
- By clicking on the link below you agree that you’ve read and understand the refund policy for withdrawing from classes.
- Please be aware that students cannot withdraw from class beyond the end of Week 7.
Click below to acknowledge your understanding of these policies and to continue to the Withdrawal Form.